Mount & Blade: Warband is the stand-alone expansion pack for the Medieval open-world RPG Mount & Blade. The game is set in Calradia, a land plagued by warfare but the perfect place for warriors in waiting to carve a name for themselves.
Key features of Mount & Blade: Warband include:
- Graphical overhaul: Support added for HDR, FSAA, depth of field, soft particles, tone mapping, and many other effects.
- New models with greater detail and high-quality textures.
- Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege.
- A campaign allowing you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals
- The ability to upgrade your companions to vassals by granting them lands.
- The ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery.
- Improved mechanics for soldier morale: Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low
- Pick any projectile off the battlefield for use as additional munitions.
- New motion-captured combat animations.
- Numerous improvements to the combat system: Your shield will still stop arrows even if you are not actively defending.
- The ability to play multiplayer matches on random maps as well as hand-designed ones.
- Multiplayer equipment system: Earn money by fighting opponents or accomplishing goals.
- The ability to use most throwing weapons in close combat: Switch to using a javelin as a short spear when the enemy gets close.
- Spend gold on more powerful equipment, using a carefully balanced system that will make combat more exciting without giving too much of an advantage to the leading team.