Mount & Blade is a Medieval open-world RPG set in the fictional land of Calradia. Set during a time of war, adventurers and mercenaries are taking advantage of the situation. The player must take on the role of an unknown stranger whose goal is to establish themselves as a warrior.
There are options to fight, become an outlaw or take a more neutral stance. Additionally, there are also options to optimise characters and travel around the world which features over a hundred locations which can be explored in full detail by the players.
Also, there is a predominant focus on combat, and there are four areas in which this can take place – on the open map, in tournaments, siege combat, and settlements.
Key features of Mount & Blade include:
- Free-form sand-box gameplay.
- Over a hundred villages, castles and towns.
- Horseback combat.
- Sword-fighting systems.
- Ability to fight on foot or horseback.
- Sophisticated AI including strategic battle options.
- Ability to interact with hundreds of characters.