Overcrowd: A Commute ‘Em Up is a a management sim which is set on the London Underground. Players must ‘build and run the perfect metro station’ so that their many thousands of customers make it on time to work. The game is a combination of base-building, real-time strategy, and spatial puzzling.
Key features of Overcrowd include:
- Micro simulation, including a huge range of ‘interacting systems’. These range from refueling generators and commuter AI to emptying bins and collecting litters.
- Procedural spatial puzzles, featuring generated terrain and various obstacles.
- Complete control over underground staff.
- Handmade, isometric pixel art with 3D engine shortcuts and multiple angles.
Other features include:
- Multi-floor building;
- Heat signatures;
- Crowd flow mechanisms;
- Commuter AI;
- Staff behaviour;
- Criminalityed through practice.