Rising Tide expansion announced for Civilization: Beyond Earth
Civilization: Beyond Earth will get its first expansion this Autumn with the release of Rising Tide.
The expansion will enable players to utilise the seas on whatever alien planet they land on, extracting resources that are buried below the oceans. The game also expands upon the diplomacy within the game.
Here’s the full list of features from 2K’s press release:
- Building floating settlements and accessing natural resources hidden beneath the seas of the alien planet, while alien beasts with unique abilities inhabit the water and challenge players in distinctive ways
- Shaping the diplomatic landscape by upgrading traits, changing diplomatic relationships, and leveraging the benefits of your allies, all with political capital
- Unlocking a dynamic set of Diplomatic Traits while activating different combinations in response to the changing world
- Playing as one of four new factions, including the Al Falah, a group of nomad explorers descended from wealthy and resilient Middle Eastern states
- Investing in multiple Affinities to unlock hybrid Affinity units and upgrades for the first time;
- Collecting and combining alien relics via a new Artifact System that unlocks powerful benefits
- Exploring one of two new biomes, Primordial world, an untamed biome rife with volcanic activity and indicative of a chaotic landscape still forming in the new world
Rising Tide will cost £20.