Farm Folks is an RPG farming sim which owes much to the Harvest Moon series. Players must grow crops and raise livestock in order to ensure the success of their farm. Additionally, they are also given the chance to start a new life and make the most of a plot of land which must be farmed and transformed into a business opportunity. The goal is to nurture plots of land, uncover great mysteries, and meet citizens of the island.
According to the developers, the game ‘offers a delightful mix of RPG and farming mechanics, giving you the freedom to get lost in the world while you build a farm from the ground up.’
Key features of Farm Folks include:
- Farming – featuring farming mechanics, the ability to purchase produce, and a variety of farming practices.
- The ability to rear and raise animals on the land.
- Mining and fishing – these resources include minerals and materials for upgrading your tools which are usually mined from cave systems, or fish that can be fished from the island’s various rivers, lakes and coastlines.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide variety of locals with distinct personalities.
- Ability to explore Softhshoal, Port Merida, and the local community.
- Customization – change character to reflect your personality, including gender, hairstyles and more.