Crest is strategy game where players take the role of a god who guides humanity by issuing commandments. The game has no end state except losing and there are no goals except to build a religion you find interesting.
- Write rules for your subjects which will have interesting consequences.
- Many different ways to express your divinity which will be reflected in your followers.
- Immersive feedback which will show you the progress of your people and create a rich history.
- Procedurally generated game world which changes over time and shows wear and tear.
- An expressive game without end-goal where you can focus on building your legacy.
- Your people have free will, focus on leading them rather than controlling their every move.
- Emergent world where weather, vegetation, mineral deposits, drought and animal behavior will create surprises.
Progression and Losing
Every new world you start is unique; you can’t have multiple saves of it so you will have to think carefully of what you want to do. If your people die off that world is gone forever as a playable save file. However, you will be able to view the legacy of your old worlds. As long as your people live you can continue playing, and as you progress create your own history.
Crest is an Afrofuturist game that reimagines how humanity arose in the cradle of humankind on the African continent. It’s a historical themed game that tries to emulate an advanced iron age civilization that could have existed a few thousand years ago. The setting for the game world, its flora and fauna is based on African biomes, with rainfall determining the tug-of-war between desert, savanna and jungle.