Champions of Anteria
Originally a part of the longrunning Settlers series entitled The Settlers: Kingdoms of Anteria, Ubisoft renamed the game Champions of Anteria in April and turned it into a new property.
In the single player RTS and RPG Champions of Anteria players command five champions, each skilled with using one main elemental power of water, fire, metal, nature or lightning. Players will pick three champions to fight each mission, strategically choosing the powers they will bring in battle to give them the upper hand on the field. Each element is even more powerful when used against the matching weak power, players must carefully choose which element is the most effective against certain enemies and when they should order to retreat. The strategic combat system also uses active pause mechanics to help players take their time in battle, allowing them to pause the game at any time in order to adapt their play style and carefully plan their moves. There is also a home base system in which players can craft new gear and items and develop their Champions.
- PLUNGE INTO PULSE-QUICKENING COMBAT – Your enemies may grunt unintelligibly, but that doesn’t mean they’re stupid. Defeating these beasts will require thoughtful strategies, clever tactics, and the right combination of three Champions out of the five. Choose well, and the combined strength of your Champions’ elemental powers will carve through your enemies like a hot sword through molten lava. Choose poorly, and you’ll be monster chow. At any time, you can pause the game, switch up your tactics, and rejoin the melee without missing a beat.
- CONQUER A DAZZLING WORLD – from parched deserts to mysterious forests, from frozen snowfields to tropical jungles, the lethally-beautiful world of Anteria invites you to blaze your own path to victory. Choose who, when, and where you’ll attack or defend on a Progression Map. Just remember that your decisions directly affect the world around you, and every action has a consequence.
- PROVE YOURSELF IN STUNNING BOSS BATTLES – They’re big, they’re nasty, and they’re hoping to mince your Champions into bite-sized bits. They’re the bosses of Anteria, and you’ll need sound strategies and lightning-fast combat moves to bring them down. Change your tactics on the fly, avoid the bosses’ lethal traps, and deliver a smackdown worthy of the ages.
- CREATE THE ULTIMATE WARRIORS – After each mission, return to your stronghold to develop your city and craft potions, armour [armor is US, armour is UK/Australia], weapons, and other lethal tools to make your Champions stronger — and make life even more miserable for your enemies.
- RESCUE A WAR-TORN WORLD – As players progress through Anteria, they discover a narrative of a beautiful land brought to its knees by years of constant strife among battling clans. But as your heroes strive to bring peace to this magical realm, they must confront a malevolent wizard and his undead army, neither of whom are known for being particularly peaceful.