World of Final Fantasy
World of Final Fantasy stars a pair of twins, Reynn and Lann, who journey through the world of Grymoire in search of lost memories. They’ll encounter iconic Final Fantasy creatures, like chocobo and cactuar, as well as series heroes like Cloud, Squall and Lightning on their journey. The game is being pitched at both long-term fans of the series and youngsters, blending kid-friendly visuals and storytelling with classic Final Fantasy combat.
In an interview with Weekly Famitsu in June 2016, World of Final Fantasy director Hiroki Chiba and art director Yasuhisa Izumisawa revealed the following about the game:
- The game is currently in the polishing and balance adjustments phase.
- Rather than have come from a different world, the Final Fantasy characters that appear in World of Final Fantasy have lived in the world of Grymoire from the very beginning. There are also some unexpected combinations of characters that are acquainted with each other.
- The game is being made to be played relatively carefree. They’re implementing a system so that you can return to the town from within a dungeon at any time, as well as immediately return back to the dungeon.
- Getting defeated in battle will only send you back home. You won’t lose money or any of the items you have. It’s being balanced so you can battle recklessly, more or less.
- Leaving out Mirage training and side elements, the story alone is over 100 hours long.
- The volume of the game is equivalent to a numbered Final Fantasy. There are full sub stories and events with Final Fantasy characters, too.
- Event scenes can be fast-forwarded or skipped.
- While you’re encouraged to bulldoze through battles early on, battles will become difficult from the middle of the game onward if you don’t consider attributes.
- There are over 200 Mirages that appear in the game. Since Mirages will get lonely if you don’t use them, they’re making adjustments to the game so that you can train all of them.
- Square Enix wants to make figures based on World of Final Fantasy.