Stars Beyond Reach
Crash-land on a hostile sentient world in this deep, turn-based 4X/citybuildier. Learn the languages of other trapped alien empires, explore, form alliances, and ultimately attempt the impossible: escape.
- Manage your own civilization like a turn-based citybuilder, but in a 4X setting.
- Deal with other civilizations using force or more nuanced building abilities (“poison Narr’s water,” “invite Keleci to the opera,” “dump bodies on Strot’s populace”).
- The game takes place over four “acts” during which you have unique objectives and challenges: Arrival, Discovery, Alliances, and Doomsday.
- You have considerable freedom in how you build your empire and make friends or foes, but each race is filled with unique character under your control or that of an AI.
- 14 alien races each have 3 possible leaders with their own personalities and goals. You will have to devise unique strategies for befriending or neutralizing them depending on their situation and exactly who is in a campaign.
- There are distinct degrees of victory that you can achieve. Just winning the game doesn’t mean you won well