Harvest Moon: Skytree Village
Harvest Moon: Skytree Village is the in Natsume’s Harvest Moon series
The basic premise of Skytree Village is that a farm and its neighbouring village are stuck in a drought, and your hero will have to farm his way back into the good graces of the Harvest. However to do this he will need to awaken seven Skytrees in order to restore the Harvest’s powers.
- Play as a boy or a girl, woo bachelorettes and bachelors, and start a family.
- Completely new story with tons of interesting new characters.
- New crops and flowers to discover.
- New fishing mechanics: expand waterways and catch rarer fish.
- A full town with many residents, each with their own personalities and quirks.
The title of this game may be confusing to those who have been playing Story of Seasons, as that title was only released in Europe at the end of 2015. In a nutshell, the potential confusion stems from the way in which the Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon series has splintered into titles published by Natsume, and those published by Marvelous, the latter of which do not own the rights to the Harvest Moon name in the West. Story of Seasons was Marvelous’s latest title, while Skytree Village is Natsume’s game, but both studios create games that take place in essentially the same universe.