Ascent – The Space Game
Ascent – The Space Game is an online multiplayer 3D space simulator.
- Exploration – more than 270 billion star systems generated with unique planets, mineral concentrations, agricultural values and climate
- Farming and mining on planet surfaces – players can build their own planetary bases for resource harvesting. City simulation style play.
- Personal starbase construction – players can construct their own starbase to their own design. This becomes your home in space, and your centre for heavy zero-g manufacturing and research
- Trading – dynamic local NPC markets, player to player global market
- Dynamic NPC mission system – combat, trade (supply/demand), passenger transport, courier and salvage missions
- Asteroid mining – manual control of ship and axial mining beam. Player and character skill based.
- Research – blueprint fragments attainable from salvage missions allow the player to research forgotten and new ships and components, as well as enhancements to their buildings
- Manufacturing – every ship, weapon and utility module in the game can be manufactured by players and sold or used to customise their ships (which can also be given a custom paint scheme)
- Gas giant harvesting – because sometimes you need things like hydrogen and oxygen!
- Space combat – manual control fighter to fighter dogfighting, scales up to big ship broadside duels between cruisers
- Colonization of outer systems – the largest so far has over 50,000 structures and hundreds of thousands of colonists
- Outer Star Bases – these can also grow to vast size, open ended in 3D space just as colonies are on the surface
- Governments – Players who own colonies in a given system can vote for a colony mayor, planetary governor, system Senator and a colonial President. Governors can rename their planets, Senators can rename their systems and approve Jump Gate construction to their systems, and the President can approve jump gate construction to the inner systems.
- Player constructed jump gates – when approved by the relevant government authorities, players can band together for a community mega-project of constructing new jump gates, extending the reach of new players into the colonized outer systems
- Colonial Laws – these will enable you to outlaw or allow certain goods (e.g. alcohol) at your colonies, and lead to…
- Smuggling – setting up smuggler networks and sneaking banned goods into colonies for fun and profit